Student Information and Announcements
Student Quick Links
Forms & Policies
Recording Community Service Hours in x2VOL
To access x2VOL, the software program where we record our community service hours, we must first log into Naviance. Once you are in Naviance, you click on the “x2VOL” button at the bottom of the page and you will be redirected to the x2VOL site.
For first time users, verify your Month/Year of Birth, Gender, Mobile Phone, and preferred email. Click “Proceed” and Skip the next page.
Now you are on the Main Dashboard of x2VOL.
There are basically 2 types of Volunteer opportunities:
- you use x2VOL to register
- you do not use x2VOL to register
It does not matter whether the activity took place for LaGuardia or not. It matters whether or not you use x2VOL to register.
- If you are looking to Register for an activity (you heard or read, “Sign Up on x2VOL), you click the “Find Opportunities” button.
- If you did not sign up on x2VOL, everything else (school service, too) gets put into “Add Hours”.
Create a New Personal Project (This is used for EVERYTHING if you did not sign up for the event on Naviance, including auditions, etc.)
- Write the name of the activity and a brief description e.g. tutoring or ushering
- You do not need to attach any file. You could upload a letter of recommendation.
- Input the Name, Phone, and Email of the person who will receive an email and verify you completed the hours. This often a teacher, AP, or outside event leader.
- Submit. The Activity Contact person will receive an email verifying your hours.
What happens next?
Your Activity Contact Person will be sent an email to verify that you completed the activity and the hours are correct. They answer the email, and then the verification sits in the x2VOL que. The school will review the hours and then approve them. The approval is generally done once a semester – it is the verification that is important.
Can we count hours from last year?
Yes. It is the same process for entering hours; however, please let the Activity Contact Person know they will be receiving an email from Naviance and that they can make the connection with you.
Who do we contact if we have questions?
Ms. Hobot, Guidance Secretary, in Room 235.