Summer Arts Boot Camp for Middle Schools Only: Deadline
Additional reminder that the Summer Arts BOOTCAMP application deadline is coming up! See two (2) attachments with detailed info. We are thrilled to announce that MS Arts Audition Boot Camp 2022 will return to "in person" camp this summer from August 1 – August 12, 2022. The online application is now open until April 29, 2022. Online instructions to audition for MS Arts Audition Boot Camp are also attached but can be accessed via the online application link as well. Students will receive a link to audition online after completing the application. The audition deadline is June 3, 2022. Translations for the flyer and online instructions will be available shortly.
LaGuardia Audition(s) NOW CLOSED
- This year, students will be able to submit virtual audition videos and materials for any high school arts program––including LaGuardia High School––directly through MySchools.
- Some programs will also offer students the alternative of auditioning in person.
- High schools with audition programs will evaluate virtual auditions and in-person auditions equally and consistently so students do not have an advantage or disadvantage auditioning one way or another.
Common Components: Audition Requirements
- The 25 DOE high schools that offer audition programs all use the same common audition components for each arts discipline.
- Students will be asked to prepare the same common audition components whether they are auditioning for a program in person or submitting materials virtually.
Students can now learn how to prepare for audition(s) on the NYCDOE Auditions page.
- The components for all schools’ programs in a specific discipline (such as vocal music or visual arts) will be the same. This means that students only have to prepare and submit, say, one vocal music audition to apply to three schools’ vocal music programs.
- Auditions will consist of the same components whether they are virtual or in person.
- Preparation videos for each of the disciplines are available on our Auditions page.
As a reminder, the NYC Department of Education offers 77 audition (arts) program options across 25 high schools, including Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and Performing Arts. As part of admissions for any of these programs, applicants will complete auditions.
- Students will be able to audition for any arts high school program(s) by submitting their audition materials virtually, through MySchools.
- Some schools will also provide the option for students to audition in person. There will be no preference given to students who use either format.
- If students audition for any LaGuardia High School programs, they will also need to register to participate when registration opens the week of January 24.
- If students audition for arts programs at any other DOE public high schools, they will include these programs on their high school application when the application opens the week of January 24.
Please note that the information contained below reflects last year’s admissions process and is subject to change.
Adjusted Audition Process Due to COVID-19 Safety Concerns
(REVISED January 25, 2022)
Any 8th grade or first-time 9th grade student (who lives in NYC) can apply to any/all of the programs at LaGuardia High School of Music & Art and the Performing Arts by registering to audition and then submitting audition materials online.
- Please note that LaGuardia Arts does not admit students via the SHSAT.
- The deadline to submit the High School Application is March 1, 2024. Please note that LaGuardia Arts does not admit students via the High School Application.
- You must submit virtual audition files to be considered for admission to all audition programs, including LaGuardia Arts and audition programs that admit students via the High School Application.
o Families can log into MySchools (myschools.nyc) to register their child for LaGuardia High School auditions. When they do, they will indicate which programs their child will audition for. Students can audition for one or up to all six of the programs at LaGuardia High School.
o To support families who are not able to log into MySchools to register their own child for LaGuardia High School auditions, school counselors can register any of their current students in MySchools (myschools.nyc). When school counselors register any of their current students for LaGuardia High School auditions, they will also be asked to indicate the program(s) the student will audition for.
o For families that have registered themselves, school counselors can update any student’s registration and/or confirm that these students are registered by accessing their receipt in the school-facing MySchools site (myschools.nyc).
- Audition this winter. All high school auditions—including for LaGuardia High School—will take place virtually this year.