Dear LaGuardia Community,
At LaGuardia, we believe that ongoing communication between home and school is crucial to student success. This year we are making an explicit effort to ensure that only do you hear from me, you are hearing from each assistant principal, and the teams of faculty/staff they support.
Next week all NYCDOE high schools will be hosting Parent Teacher Conferences. Please remember that families should not wait for Parent Teacher Conferences, nor should they rely on Parent Teacher Conferences, as the only time to connect with teachers. It is a teacher’s professional responsibility to regularly communicate the progress of their students with their families. Teachers use Google Classroom, PupilPath, email, phone calls, and remote conference tools (Zoom/Google meets) to communicate with families.
On Monday, November 7, a complete directory of all teachers will be released to the community. All families who would like to meet with teachers will be able to register for a conference using the directory. Please note the following regarding the Fall 2021 Parent Teacher Conferences:
- For safety and efficiency, all NYCDOE conferences will be conducted remotely. Families will NOT be entering school buildings for conferences.
- To increase flexibility in the scheduling of conferences, teachers will conduct conferences on staggered schedules as follows:
- Wednesday, November 10, 4:30 pm-8:30 pm (conferences take place over 4 hours - each teacher is available for 2.5 hours during this time)
- Thursday, November 11, schools are closed due to Veterans Day.
- Friday, November 12, 1:00 pm-4:00 pm (conferences take place over 3 hours - each teacher is available for 2 hours during this time)
- To prioritize our most vulnerable families, teachers identified students they are most concerned about and are reaching out to these families this week to pre-register them for conferences.
If you are unable to connect with a teacher during parent teacher conferences, the teacher will be happy to schedule another time to connect with you.
Thank you for being partners in supporting students during this unusual time.