The Parents Association of LaGuardia High School of Music and Art & the Performing Arts welcomes and urges all parents to become part of what has been described as "an extraordinarily active Parents Association" by www.InsideSchools.org.
LaGuardia Arts is a special place and the mission of the LaGuardia Arts PA is:
- To encourage parent interest in the Fiorello H. LaGuardia High School of Music and Art and Performing Arts (LaGuardia High School) and its activities; and to promote the general welfare of LaGuardia High School and its students;
- To act as advocate for LaGuardia High School in its mission to provide two independent programs to every student: (1) a full academic program; and (2) a full conservatory program in Art, Dance, Drama, Instrumental Music, Vocal Music or Technical Theater.
- To provide support and resources to LaGuardia High School for the benefit and educational growth of the students;
- To promote and help develop a cooperative working relationship between the parents and staff of LaGuardia High School;
- To develop parent leadership and build capacity for greater involvement;
- To foster and encourage parent participation on all levels; and
- To provide opportunities and training for parents to participate in school governance and decision-making.
To keep everyone up to date the PA sends e-mail bulletins as important things come up. The PA also e-mails the weekly “Yellow Sheets” that the students get each Friday containing all current school schedules, events and interesting articles. For your free subscription, please go to http://lagpa.parentschoolpartnership.com/
The PA is open to all parents and guardians of LaGuardia Arts students, without dues or fees. All meetings of the PA , the Executive Board, and all PA committees are open to parents and guardians, without exception. Generally, PA meetings take place on the first Tuesday of each month. If you would like more information please contact us by going to the contact page and clicking on one of our names. Better yet, come to one of our PA meetings and find out how you can get
involved. We look forward to seeing you then!
Marcus Marino and Melinda Moore
LaGuardia Arts Parents Association